• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Help Needed Hotel Near Barcelona Airport

Penn251

100+ Posts
We are flying in to Barcelona from Seville and catching a plane home the next morning. Any suggestions of where to stay near the airport? As always, thanks for the great advice I always get here.

I've been in the same situation as you several times with a morning flight out of Barcelona and have not had any success finding a decent hotel near the airport. But I've found a solution that works quite well: take the R2 Nord Rodalies train from the airport to Passeig de Gracia, a 30 minute ride, then walk one minute to Hotel Roommate Anna, which is just across the street from the "Block of Discord". There are trains every 30 minutes to/from the airport. If you buy a T-10 ticket for about 10 Euros, you get ten rides on the transport system, which even if you don't use them all, is cheaper than individual tickets if there are two or more of you traveling.

Hotel Roommate Anna, despite its "youth hostel-ly" sounding name, is actually a very nice hotel with a great breakfast. There are many other hotels in that area as well, including the 5-star Hotel Claris. The added benefit of staying in that neighborhood is the many dining options, including Teleferic for tapas and La Paradeta for choose-your-own-seafood in a casual setting.

Do note that the airport train station is located across from Terminal 2, so if you land at Terminal 1, you must take the free shuttle bus to T2. Shuttle buses run frequently, every few minutes, and it's about a 10-minute ride.

Depending on how early your flight is, I'd also do what Katt says. You can also take the Airport bus, it stops at Plaza Catalunya, Plaza Espana and some other stops as well. There are many, many hotels to choose from. You can leave your luggage at the airport for 10 euros a bag, so you don't have to carry it.

If your flight in from Sevilla is on the later side and your flight home is really early, there is a hotel IN the airport. It is not cheap and there is nothing exciting to do in the airport, but if you just want an easy place to crash, it is there. https://sleep-fly.com/hotel/
I have stayed there, and literally rolled my luggage trolley into the room and out again in the morning.

But if you have more time, for sure go into Barcelona for the evening.

There is a very nice and ineexpensive hotel on upper Ramblas, which means very near the airport bus: the Continental (make cetain you book at the one ont he Ramblas). You have a block to walk to the bus.
For a stress-free early commute, I recommend you take a taxi or Uber. Both are inexpensive and reliable in Barcelona.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina