• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Hotel near Paddington Station

Kathy

100+ Posts
Contest 2019 Winner!
Does anyone have a hotel to recommend near Paddington Station?

We'll be flying up from Marseille and taking the train from Heathrow to Paddington. Then the next morning we'll take a train from Paddington out to Cornwall. We have a favorite London hotel around Gloucester Road, but I think it would probably make more sense (and be more economical) to stay within a few blocks of Paddington for this one night.

I'd appreciate any recommendations!

About a decade ago we stayed at the Hilton, which is a couple of minutes walk away. It was fancier than their normal hotels and I was told afterwards it's one of their prestige hotels. The price was very good, via the early days of Expedia who steered us there when we phoned them. Great spread for breakfast.

Thanks for this suggestion, Ian.

We ended up deciding to splurge a little and stay at our favorite Ashburn Hotel after all. It's less than three miles from Paddington, though slow by taxi. We'll have less luggage this time, so we can travel by tube.

http://www.ashburn-hotel.co.uk/

This is a small boutique hotel, 38 rooms, in a great area... South Kensington, just two blocks from Gloucester Road station with lots of restaurant options. The hotel offers a glass of prosecco every evening and includes a very good continental breakfast.

I am too late to this, but Vancouver Studios is near Paddington. It is a favorite with many ST people. It was Maureen who first stayed there and recommended it. We stayed there a few years ago. @PokeyMindy stayed there last summer I think.

Love Vancouver Studios but unless you stay on 1 of their 2 apartments it's asqueeze. A splurge with a free glass of Prosecco sounds lovely. This is what we have in Melbourne
A beautiful privately owned aparthotel with free "wine down."

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina