• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Hotel near Paris-Gare de Lyon Train station

PokeyMindy

100+ Posts
Hi all, since I know zero about Paris...or France for that matter....

My sister and her husband are lucky to be going with Kathy and Charley Wood on their Luberon Experience adventure in Sept. :) (last minute decision). They are to meet the tour at the Avignon TGV station. My sister and Dave will arrive in Paris a few days before the tours starts. Can you recommend a hotel or ? for a few nights near the train station? (I am guessing that train would leave from the Paris-Gare de Lyon station)?? They aren't fancy -schmancy types but do enjoy comfort, cleanliness, safety and friendliness :)

Also, can you recommend a small group Paris tour group for them to get a "feel" of the city?

Thank you in advance,

Mindy

If they're going to be in Paris for a few days before taking the train, I wouldn't necessarily limit them to the immediate Gare d' Lyon area. It is easy enough to get to the station by Metro or cab. Staying just a bit west in the Marais would be convenient.

That said, I've stayed at the Ibis on Avenue Ledru-Rollin when I've had a Paris overnight before taking the train to Avignon. It's a bit more than a five minute walk east to the station, or you can walk going in the other direction to Bastille. Very simple chain (Plasticy furniture and murals) but clean and usually reasonably priced. There's a decent restaurant next door. A La Biche Au Bois.

Merci mon cheri Amy ...I either thanked you or called you a cabbage...;)

:) I'll pass the info onto my sister :)

Mindy

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina