• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Hotels near Fiumicino

veronicafrance

100+ Posts
I'm looking for a nice hotel near Fiumicino -- arriving on a flight early evening on a Friday in May, and being picked up by the tour company at midday on Saturday. We probably won't bother going into Rome, so a hotel in a more pleasant situation than the airport itself, with or near a nice restaurant would be good. Any recommendations?

We stayed here prior to our flight home
in April. The hosts were fantastic and the room was great. Nice little breakfast included. They also arranged taxi service for our flight that was right on time. A short walk into town where there are some really nice little restaurants. Always nice to give the locals some business for the investment they make. You will like this place for a quick overnight stay.

Bob

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...Fiumicino_Province_of_Rome_Lazio.html?m=19904

Reactions: Amy
I'm a little late checking in, but we like to stay in Ostia. It's not at the airport, but a half-hour away. However, it has a nice walkable "downtown", the beachfront, and some fantastic restaurants. Most of the hotels have airport shuttles. We generally stay at either Hotel Belvedere or Hotel La Scaletta

If you are still looking, I stay at little B & B in the town of Fumicino when I don't have too much time. The owner, a lovely retired Al Italia flight attendant will pick you up at the airport, then take you back to the train for Rome when you are ready. All is included in the price for a clean, tidy room of 50 euros. And it's a 3 minute walk to a fantastic seaside restaurant just across from the beach. See below:

ciao,
Cheryl
www.italianexcursion.com
This is from a previous post:
When I am departing FCO I now always stay with Piero, a retired airline steward, at his neat, tidy B & B just 2 blocks from the beach. He not only has a reasonable nightly fee of 50 euro but it includes a pick up and drop off at the airport. So, if you are coming into FCO from Rome or anywhere you call him (after you've reserved ahead by email) from terminal 3 outside fountain and he comes to pick you and take you to his place. It is secure, safe and walking distance to the best seafood restaurant ever, Amalindo. Then, next day, he takes you back to the airport for your flight. He's a darling and when I was there in October I asked for another restaurant recommendation as we were there two day (wanted to see Ostia Antica again), for our second night. He took us to this amazing little house, filled with Italians and the best, just butchered steak meal (sorry, Pauline & Steve, but I do indulge sometimes), soup to nuts for 22 euros. And then we walked home about 8 blocks.
Contact Piero at piero14@fastwebnet.it
06 97275259
L'Isola Bed & Breakfast

Last edited:
I find it helpful to use Booking.com and fill in the filters to get just what I want = I like to find something with an airport shuttle close to the airport but a nice place to spend the last day/night = found a highly rated B&B that way and I think it'll work out just fine.

Just to continue this useful thread, we stayed in Fregene two years ago--it's just up the coast from Fiumicino and the ride to the airport on local roads takes about 25 minutes. On the autostrada, it might even be a bit faster. There is a gas station on this road just before reaching the airport grounds.

The small bright hotel is called Itaca, it has a pool and serves a light breakfast. It is a few blocks from the water and a stroll from the town center with gelaterie and restaurants.

http://www.itacafregene.com/

A number of years ago we stayed here - http://www.comforthotelfiumicino.com/en/ when we had an early flight. It was very adequate for our needs. The big plus is it's an easy walk to the seafront and restaurants along the river. A Roman friend of ours met us for dinner at a restaurant (I think it was called Marco Polo something) and we all agreed it was fantastic.

We stayed here prior to our flight home
in April. The hosts were fantastic and the room was great. Nice little breakfast included. They also arranged taxi service for our flight that was right on time. A short walk into town where there are some really nice little restaurants. Always nice to give the locals some business for the investment they make. You will like this place for a quick overnight stay.

Bob

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...Fiumicino_Province_of_Rome_Lazio.html?m=19904
Update: this was a great recommendation, thanks Bob! It wasn't the cheapest (110 euros each all in) but my friend and I got two comfortable rooms in a kind of mini apartment, including complimentary drinks in the fridge, and Armando picked us both up separately from the airport, and delivered us back there the next day (only a 5-minute drive). And breakfast was very copious and good -- Roberta kept plying us with food till we had to beg her to stop

Despite being so close to the airport it's in a nice suburban setting featuring a park and birdsong, and only a 10-minute walk from the quay on the Tiber where the small fishing boats tie up and you are spoilt for choice in seafood restaurants. We ate and drank our fill in a cheap and cheerful one for a total of 31 euros ...

Update: this was a great recommendation, thanks Bob! It wasn't the cheapest (110 euros each all in) but my friend and I got two comfortable rooms in a kind of mini apartment, including complimentary drinks in the fridge, and Armando picked us both up separately from the airport, and delivered us back there the next day (only a 5-minute drive). And breakfast was very copious and good -- Roberta kept plying us with food till we had to beg her to stop

Despite being so close to the airport it's in a nice suburban setting featuring a park and birdsong, and only a 10-minute walk from the quay on the Tiber where the small fishing boats tie up and you are spoilt for choice in seafood restaurants. We ate and drank our fill in a cheap and cheerful one for a total of 31 euros ...

So happy that this worked out for you and it was just as nice and convenient as it was for
us last year. Hope your trip was good too!!

We stayed at Hotel Tiber, which was fine but not special (nice view of the Tiber). However we had dinner at Contro Corrente, which was a very good local restaurant in Fiumicino (atypically it is not a fish a restaurant, which was good because I'm a veggie). Dinner for two with a nice bottle of wine (but no meat) was 57 Euros. The ravioli was excellent, as good as I had in two weeks in Italy. The local at the next table was very happy with a huge hunk of meat but may have paid more than we did for pasta. If it was in NYC we'd be regulars.

Hi Barb, yes I continue to trust Piero to pick me up, have a clean, room for me & take me to departure anytime in the morning, no matter the hour. He was away last visit and sent his lovely daughter for me. No glitches! It’s not fancy but your last dinner at Amelindo’s down the street will be scrumptious!
ciao

Hi Barb, yes I continue to trust Piero to pick me up, have a clean, room for me & take me to departure anytime in the morning, no matter the hour. He was away last visit and sent his lovely daughter for me. No glitches! It’s not fancy but your last dinner at Amelindo’s down the street will be scrumptious!
ciao
Thanks Cheryl - sorry we didn't connect this year - maybe in 2020!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina