• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

How Early Is Too Early To Book?

artnbarb

1000+ Posts
As some of you know I love long-range planning and have begun to plan for 2018. We're planning for about 11 weeks in England then 2 weeks in Ireland. Booking early certainly gives you the best selection, but I'm running into a stone wall searching for a 7 week rental (June/July) in Dorset, and wonder just how early I can do this without risking a limited selection. Is waiting until the beginning of 2018 too late? Or should I just push through, pick something and be done?

I think it would be good to arrange this now if possible. June and July are busy months in this area. I have found in many places that people book for the next year a year in advance to be sure they get what they want.

Barb,
I booked our apartment in Barcelona for January-March 2018 (a two-month stay) in February of this year. We loved the apartment we had rented this winter, so we re-booked before we departed. Of course, the down-side is that I had to make the deposit at the time I booked and pay part of the travel insurance tab.

I think some owners are slower to accept bookings for a year+ in the future... they may not be ready to set pricing. But you could always write to inquire about availability if the online calendar doesn't seem open yet.

That said, I'd try get this set up as soon as you can, especially if you want one place for an extended time in the high season.

My eyes are crossed and my head is spinning! I'm really trying to nail down this part of the vacation because as many have noted, we are looking at high season, and this is a very popular area. I have a long list of saved possibilities, but THIS ONE is the latest. It ticks many of our boxes, altho it only has one BR - which is all I think we'll be able to afford. It's in a town (Lyme Regis), is near the coast, has parking, and a washing machine.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina