• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Instagram?

Lisa in Ottawa

500+ Posts
I finally joined FB to post pics of my travels. Now I think Instagram might be better or in addition. But it seems to only be for phones and tablets. My question is: does anyone post pics from computer taken with a camera and if so how?

I bet Pauline knows how to do this.

I love Instagram. It is set up to post only from phones and tablets. You can post from your computer but you have to use a 3rd party program. I set it up but I don't use it. Now that I have an iPhone I take my daily photo with it and post from it. Before that I took photos with my camera then uploaded the photo from the camera by wifi to my iPad and posted.

Facebook owns Instagram. When you post a photo on Instagram you can share it to Facebook. That is what I do so my daily photos go to my Slow Europe Facebook page.

What I like about Instagram is that it is all photos. You can search by topic. You also get a good look at your own past photos- they are nicely organised. Since I only post one a day and try to post most days, I get a nice summary of the past year.

Ok I joined. Disaster!! All my pics were loaded even ones I thought had been deleted. I thought of my ones from FB would be loaded or I'd have to start at beginning.
I can't seem to delete any even tho they give instructions such as 3 dots at bottom of pic 1st 1 is garbage. I don't get 3 dots. I don't want every pic I take to instantly appear on Instagram. At least w
ith FB I can pick and choose.
Help! I'm such a ludite.

When I look at your Instagram account I see no photos. You have to choose to upload them, like a post on Facebook, one at a time.

I see the 3 dots which gives me a delete option on the iPad app. It will behave differently on the computer version.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina