• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Italian Mobile Plans and Roaming in Other European Countries

Damon

10+ Posts
Forgive me if this has been covered before. A search did not show anything that helped. The situation is this:

I have a TIM SIM card and cel number. I can stumble through the TIM website (barely) and I'll be able to go to a TIM store in Italy to change plans as well. We will also be in Spain, France and Austria. In France, we will be in a house without internet.

Does anyone know if cel plans (talk/ text/ data) can be used in other countries with out roaming charges. Or if TIM has a plan that includes that roaming?

Or is there another mobile system that I should consider for the time outside Italy.

Thanks very much.

Damon

It can get confusing, but there's some explanation of the topic at:

The SIM is less than a year old, and I know the number is still active. The account is open and has credit on TIM.

Thanks Tina. That is interesting, and I hope that is still the case. I could get a plan with lots of data in that case. At this point, we're looking to be in France for three weeks, Barcelona for a few days and then Italy and possibly Vienna.

Looks like Fastweb is the best at the moment, but probably wouldn't be enough for me for a month without some other form of wifi

In checking the balance and expiration date of my TIM account from the U.S., I found that I needed to use a VPN saying that I was in Italy.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina