• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Italy - TV SHOWS & MOVIES

Pauline

Forums Admin
Post with your favorites. I have to look up the names of some we watched recently.

Montalbano and Young Montalbano, in Italian with English subtitles. Filmed in Sicily, in the south-east - Ragusa, Noto, Scicli. A B&B in Punta Secca is used for Montalbano's home beside the sea. Recommended by Fliss59 and Pauline.

Last edited:
Post with your favorites. I have to look up the names of some we watched recently.
We always watch Inspector Montalbano which is a series about a detective in a small town in Sicily - who also loves his food. The actor is Luca Zingaretti. It's filmed in Ragusa and Noto and on the coast. In fact his apartment is a bed & breakfast villa. Can't remember the name of the village on the beach. Will look it up. There's also been a Young Montalbano series

We love Montalbano too, especially the Young Montalbano series. We visited Sicily for the first time in April 2014 and spent a week in Scicli, near Ragusa. We sought out some of the locations and even saw the door to our vacation rental in one of the Young Montalbano episodes. The B&B used for his home is in Punta Secca. I wrote about it in my trip report on the forums.

We had a great trip and plan to go back to Sicily to see more of the island.

It's pretty lowbrow but I like watching the game show L'Eridità on RAI Replay (channel 1 at 18:45). It allows me to hear different regional accents and it moves slow enough that I can more or less follow what's going on. I'm a trivia fan anyway, so this is a good way to work on my Italian doing something I like. Also, most of the questions appear on the screen so I can freeze it and look up words I don't know.

Also on RAI Replay you can find lots of travel shows that take you all over Italy.

http://www.rai.tv/dl/replaytv/replaytv.html#ch=1&day=2015-11-24

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina