• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

It’s a Small World After All

Thanks to everyone for who shared their stories
I truly do believe the would is getting smaller every day.
I encourage the stalkers to join in. ;)

Thanks to all of you former members of Slow Travel and now Slow Europe! You've made my trips to Europe fun and memorable.

Here are 3 stories:

1) Many years ago (ahem), like many young people just out of college, I backpacked around Europe for three months on my own. Late one evening I got into Salzburg and was trying to find a place to stay for the night. I don't remember how late it was or how many fully booked hostels or student hotels I looked at but I remember being quite tired, bedraggled and a little lonesome. The next student hotel I entered I heard a familiar voice assisting the young people in front of me. Turned out to be an ex-boyfriend whom I had not seen in over a year, who had somehow landed a job as the hotel clerk in Salzburg -- and speaking German! I got a room, and after a few hours reminiscing, I remembered why we had broken up. :\

2) A few years ago my husband, daughter and I were in Arles France on a day trip. We went to the visitor center to grab a map and, while browsing through their materials, we heard a somewhat loud American thanking the clerk for their help. Discovered it was Jerry from our hometown who was visiting Provence with his wife (who was not with him that day).

3) Last year on Capri we went down to the breakfast room of our hotel and ran into two women (also from our hometown) whom we barely knew. They had been leading a yoga trip to Italy and had taken a side trip to Capri for the weekend.

Small world, indeed.

DD

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina