• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Jane Austin on the new £10 note

Pauline

Forums Admin
Paper money in the UK is being redesigned. We have a new £5 note which is more like plastic than paper. The new £10 note will be out soon and the face of Charles Darwin has been replaced by (my hero) Jane Austen!

BBC News - Jane Austen polymer £10 note enters circulation

I haven't see one yet!

From the article: "The new £10 note featuring novelist Jane Austen has entered circulation - marking a return of a woman in addition to the Queen on Bank of England notes.

The launch comes after a four-month period when women, apart from the Queen, have not been represented on the Bank's notes.

The last was the £5 note featuring reformer Elizabeth Fry which was replaced by a Winston Churchill fiver.

The new £10 note is made of polymer and includes raised dots for blind people.

It replaces the paper £10 note, with the portrait of naturalist Charles Darwin, which will still be accepted in the shops until Spring 2018. The exact date of withdrawal will be published three months in advance."

Paper money in the UK is being redesigned. The new £10 note will be out soon and the face of Charles Darwin has been replaced by (my hero) Jane Austen!
"

The anti-evolutionists are probably calling this the survival of the fittest....;)

I see it also uses trace amounts of tallow (animal fat) in the production, which many found offensive in the £5 note, on religious or ethical grounds.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina