• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Japan - Spring 2017

chiaro di Luna

100+ Posts
Never thought I'd do this, but I have booked two lie flat business seats to Japan for next Spring! I was watching Air Canada flights for about a month when the two seats priced out at less then the cost of one. It's been a long time since I got this kind of deal.
My return flights are: YYZ-YVR, overnight in hotel at airport &
YVR-NRT .
3 nights in Tokyo
I'm researching the Japan Rail Pass for 7 days
Then go from Tokyo-Kyoto
Daytrips by train from Kyoto for 3 days
Bullet train to Yokohama-1 night
Ship for 8 nights
1 night Narita
1 night Vancouver

Any suggestions, websites, photos, advice is appreciated.

Well, I'm hoping for some input, advise of any kind as my trip draws near. I'm about to purchase my Japan Rail Pass, and am researching what to see in Tokyo, Kyoto, Yokohama and the ports of call. Any ideas?

For Tokyo, don't miss Asakusa. It's a more traditional neighborhood than the rest of Tokyo. Go to Shinjuku at night to see the glaring neon lights - it's really amazing. There are also the Imperial Palace, Tsukiji fish market (good place to get sushi), Ameyoko shopping street in Ueno. There are just too many sights to name all. Tokyo is HUGE.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina