• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

La Barauderie,Loire

Sharon J

100+ Posts
I have been trying to contact Karen Kenady & Craig Cantor to rent their lovely cottage in Loire Valley. Perhaps, they are no longer renting out this property? I'm taking my info from a 2014 Slow Travel review that I've had saved forever. Does anyone know if La Barauderie is still available?

I don't know, Sharon -- haven't been in touch with Karen and Craig for over a year. I know they bought a place in a warmer climate but they didn't say anything about selling La Barauderie. Their email address which I use is kenadycantor@wanadoo.fr.

It's still listed on TripAdvisor, with many rentals booked, so it sure looks like they're still there. Laura, I didn't know that you had stayed there!

thanks!
We did, Ann, after Chris' great review we settled on La Barauderie! When we did our remodel/add-on to accomodate my parents' moving in with us part time, I had that particular bathroom in mind! Having a lap pool just outside was incredible!

Still the most beautiful bathroom in the world! I absolutely loved that little cottage, the location, and the warm hospitality of Karen and Craig.

I agree completely, Chris. We first stayed in their larger cottage in '98, I think, but once we discovered the smaller one, we always chose it. I think you and I first got in contact when you were thinking about renting there, n'est-ce pas?

I think that's probably true, Ann! I know I never think of La Barauderie without a grateful thought for you!

And I return that "gratefulness" in full measure when I think about our rental near Lourmarin, which your love of the town inspired me to check out! It's in nearby Puyvert, where you and Kathy and Charley visited us. Good Lord, that was five years ago, in 2011!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina