• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

La Foce, Chianciano Terme

Sharon J

100+ Posts
Because we stay at Sant'Antonio every year, we are always driving by La Foce. The Castle is being completely renovated, and they have added an addition. I understand that is has been purchased by a big hotel chain, however, I'm not sure which one or when the work will be completed. They are really doing a lovely job with the structure and addition. They have been working away for over two years, so wondering if anyone here has any further information.

Not exactly an answer to your question, but...
Last September, we rented a villa at La Foce for the week April 11-18, 2020. We had visited the gardens there in the Fall, 2017 and thought it would be a lovely place to stay for our second week in the Val d’Orcia next month. At the end of February, my husband found out he needed a hip replacement...the cortisone shot that we were hoping might get him through our Italy visit was no longer feasible. The surgery is scheduled for 4/16 (but, in light of the virus situation, who knows if this elective surgery will happen on that date now). We contacted La Foce in early March and were told we would forfeit our entire (very pricey) payment...they would apply 50% toward a future stay, but 50% was forfeited totally. This was AFTER the virus had locked down Italy, so we were rather surprised at their response. But, their cancellation policy is clearly stated. Fortunately the hip surgery should allow us to recover our loss under our travel insurance policy. We will contact them closer to the date of our visit...if they are still in a lock down situation, we are hopeful they will consider applying the entire payment to a future stay...thereby allowing us not to have to file a claim with under our travel insurance policy. But I must admit, their response in light of the virus situation has left a bad taste in our mouth.
On a brighter note, the villa we rented outside San Gusme for our first week (April 4-11) was much more accommodating. We have stayed here twice before, so we have become friends with the owners. They know that we will reschedule and return, but they immediately ask for our bank information so they could refund our total payment.

I was interested to hear that they have been purchased by a large hotel chain...nothing in our correspondence with them shows the identity of the corporate owner. If you do decide to visit, the garden tour is wonderful...the views are spectacular. But we did receive a recent email that the garden tours are cancelled as of now due to the virus.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina