• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Occitanie Languedoc (Gard), Uzes, apartment in town, 1 bedroom

Pauline

Forums Admin
Uzès Vacation Rentals, La Tour des Rêves
Updated 2021, no longer available

Description: 1 bedroom (plus sofabed)/1 bathroom apartment in town center, tower terrace
Link: http://uzesvacationrentals.com/
Date of Stay: May 2014

We spent a week in this apartment in May 2014. The apartment is on the first floor (American second), up a flight of steps, and on two levels. The lower level is the entrance, kitchen and dining/living room. Up stairs is the bedroom and bathroom. Both levels have large windows looking out to the square. The apartment is above a furniture shop but there is no noise or smells from the shop.

Kitchen is well equipped, so is the rest of the apartment, bed is comfortable, good bathroom. My only complaint is that it is over-decorated, but that is better than boringly decorated. You can see what I mean in the photos. They have an outside area, but it is up many flights of stairs to the top of a tower. Interesting for the views, but not someplace I would sit and read. With the large windows open in the apartment you get sun and fresh air.

The building is in a small square, just a block from the main square, Place aux Herbes. You can even see a bit of the main square from the windows. Excellent location. They offer a parking pass (pay extra) in the big underground lot that is a 10 minute walk from the apartment, but you can drive up to the apartment (through the very narrow lanes of the town center) to load and unload.

The small agency is run by an American woman and her French husband who live in a nearby village. They were excellent to deal with. They have other places in Uzès and some in the nearby villages. I loved staying in Uzès so I could walk out for coffee in the morning, or fresh bread and walk out easily for groceries and to attend the Saturday and Wednesday markets.

We have visited Uzès three times now, each time in a different vacation rental. When we return, we will stay in this one again. Highly recommended. I think all their vacation rentals will be good - they really care about their business.

View from apartment:

uzes-apartment-0308.jpg

Apartment is the two floors, two windows on each floor, above the Hasna shop:

uzes-apartment-0315.jpg

Last edited:

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina