• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Last Year's Slow Europe Contest

SMJ

100+ Posts
Contest 2019 Winner!
I wondered if everyone who was a prize winner in last year's great contest (Thank you again Pauline) was able to claim and use their prize, before the pandemic put an end to travel as we used to know it?
My prize was a lovely walking tour in Rome last September, from Tony of 3 Millennia Tours.
Three friends joined me, and we had a great afternoon and evening with Tony.
How about other prize winners?
Did anyone not get the chance to use their prize?

I have also wondered about that. I was lucky enough to be a winner, but was not able to choose a travel experience for several reasons. So my choice of an Amazon voucher has been great. I thanked Pauline and Slow Europe each time I purchased another book.
Hopefully people have been able to use their prize, or maybe defer until the world settles more.
Stay safe.

Unfortunately we were scheduled to use our prize at Le Mas Perreal at the end of May. Of course, that didn't happen and we were very disappointed. And with the way things are, who knows when we'll be able to travel again - even to adjoining states! C'est la vie!!!

We were scheduled to to use our prize week at the Sant Antonio Country Resort in Tuscany in August which, of course being in the United States, we could not go. I emailed them and got a very nice reply. We will go next year as soon as we can get vaccinated and travel bans are lifted. Can't wait!

Our trip to Sant'Antonio last May had to be cancelled, We rescheduled for this October, which has now been cancelled, and we are now scheduled for May, 2021. We always try and go twice a year, tacking on another area either before or after our stay with Nico. It's a lovely way to chill, and visit all of our favorite lovely towns nearby.

So, we sure hope we can make it next May, along with several days in Varenna on Lake Como. Not feeling so confident anymore.

Our trip to Sant'Antonio last May had to be cancelled, We rescheduled for this October, which has now been cancelled, and we are now scheduled for May, 2021. We always try and go twice a year, tacking on another area either before or after our stay with Nico. It's a lovely way to chill, and visit all of our favorite lovely towns nearby.
Is May a good month to visit Tuscany? I am hoping to plan our trip for April or May. Which week will you be there? We are also planning on spending a few days on Lake Como. We have never been there.

Last edited by a moderator:
We love May, although I wouldn't mind the end of April or early June. For a change of the Tuscan scenery, October is fun, for everything is different. Typical Fall, where the fields are now plowed, so a new view of the countryside. For a first trip, I would take May, as everything is lush.

Because we live in a little town on the East Coast, we must be mindful of Hurricane Season in late Summer, early Fall. One time, we were in France, and had to pack up quickly to fly home, in order to close up our home, and pick up our dogs from the kennel. Over the years, we found mid-June, July and August too hot.

We will be in Tuscany from May 29th through June 4th, 2021. We will be in Varenna on Lake Como, before moving down to Montepulciano.

We were scheduled to spend a week in Kathy Wood's apartment in Bonnieux in early September. Thanks to Kathy we have re-booked for early October next year.

I donated a prize (see Doug's post above) and also won a prize.

I was glad to extend the time for Doug to use his prize at our apartment until next year.

Michael Osman graciously allowed me to let my daughter use my prize, a walking tour in Paris. She was able to use this last summer when she spent several months in Paris.

Good to know that lots of people were able to use their prize, and that some can use them in the future.
Something to look forward to!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina