• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

TV Series Line of Duty - Season 5

So the issue for us is whether to watch Line of Duty each week..episode by episode...or save them up and binge them when all six are available.? I don't think I can wait but will decide tonight...."

A complicating factor for us is that the final episode is scheduled for May 5, when we will be on board a flight from Newark to Rome.....

The Guardian is quite excited about the beginning of Season 5....

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...ive-review-jed-mercurios-masterpiece-rolls-on

I am recording it but also can’t decide whether to watch each week or binge watch. The latter is better for following a complicated plot.

We decided to watch week by week.....but now we have to wait a week for the next plot development. Grrrr...

Still a terrific and absorbing show.......

I hope that we can get to see the final episode before we have lunch on May 12 in Vietri sul Mare.......otherwise the topic will be off-limits. :)

I think everyone in the UK will be watching this tonight.

0C9AAB29-8E1B-4E95-A51F-D9C46CBE9AC3.png

Haven't seen any episode but it's showing here in Brugge tonight at 22:00-23.25, a bit late for me. Is it worth watching, considering I don't know anyting about it?

No. Save it and start with season 1. This may wrap up a plot that has been going on for years.

If you get BBC there, a good show to watch is Friday 9pm, Have I Got News For You. Comedy panel show about the news. Also on BBC Radio 4, Friday 6:30pm, a comedy show which is good. It rotates between different formats. And Radio 4 Monday 6:30 has a great show on now, The Unbelievable Truth. Just a Minute also plays in that time slot.

Finally caught up with the entire saga (given all the fuss in the media about how nail-biting it was). I had a flash of déjà vu in the first episode of series 1, so I must have seen something of it but decided then it wasn't for me. Seeing the whole thing through made me wonder at the strange bubble this particular Midlands city must be in, for coppers to be shot up as frequently as the Midsomer Women's Institute get caught up in assorted poisonings and bludgeonings.

But the drama's in the battle of wits in the set-piece interrogations, with all the meticulous formalities making a repeating and familiar structure for the clash of character and the implied tensions in the smallest details. Those bits are almost like scenes from a Mozart opera.

And of course they left a loose end or two for another series.....

Just finished Season 5. Yes, wow. And those interrogation scenes! Enthralling.

I have to say that without closed captions my old ears found the dialogue very difficult to understand. And Acorn doesn’t have cc on Season Five. One needs a workaround.
(I saw “Ferryman” in London and had no problem with understanding; this Midlands stuff is a whole different level of speech from those wordy Irishmen. )

And being able to identify people by their accents was important to the plotlines, too, if you recall!

In the version that I watched, the closed captions were color coded by speaker. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before.
Anyway, Stephen Graham was terrific.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina