• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Loire Booked

Lisa in Ottawa

500+ Posts
I thought I'd post this in a new thread. We didn't choose any of the 3 accomodations I'd asked about in previous thread. Instead we went off in a totally different direction. We booked 2 places for our 7 days. A lovely looking self contained suite with breakfast just outside Montrichard. http://moulindumesnil.com/
The owner is very accommodating. Although it doesn't have cooking facilities, she will supply what we need to make simple meals such as salads etc. Another bonus is pay in cash on last day. It looks fantastic!
The 2nd BB is in Chinon and it is also small and accepts cash.http://www.logis-saint-mexme.fr/
We will rent a car and go to Le Moulin directly after Sunday wedding brunch being held at Chateau Villandry. The wedding is taking place at the cathedral in Tours with reception at Chateau. Exciting. A French wedding!
I can't believe how long it took me to figure out this very simple vacation.

Those both look like fabulous choices, Lisa. It must be a relief to have this all settled.

If you have not read Ina Caro's book The Road from the Past, I highly recommend that you get it and read the chapters on the Loire. She does a wonderful job of capturing the spirit of many of the places you'll visit there (including Montrichard and Chinon), and giving you a very readable overview of the history and personalities that shaped the region. It really enriched our stay in the area.

Roz, you are right about Ina Caro's book, I loved it! Great suggestion to visit France with her book!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina