• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Northern Italy Lombardia - "GardaSee" flat

caliroan

10+ Posts
Happy to recommend this three bedroom flat in Padenghe sul Garda.
It was our base for an all-too-brief exploration of Lake Garda. We spent three nights here in early July, 2018.
We knew the tourist towns of Sirmione and Desenzano would be packed, so we chose this flat in a quiet part of Padenghe. It was an easy drive to neighboring towns, where we had no trouble finding parking at reasonable rates.
This flat is large, quiet, secure, and very well-appointed. The host, Silvia, has compiled the biggest book of visitor information I've ever seen.
An entrance hall leads to a lounge, which flows into a dining room and living room. A door leads to the very large kitchen, which has a second table that seats eight people. We cooked several meals and made good use of the indoor grill.
Laundry facilities are incredible. No dryer, but there's a pulley system that raises drying racks up towards the ceiling, more than 15 feet above the floor. Wild.
Three bedrooms, one with an en suite (very large) bathroom with shower and jacuzzi tub. The other two share a full bath in the hallway. Beds *very firm* so we put an extra comforter on top of the mattress. There's a half-bath near the front entrance. Large terrace has a partial view out onto the lake.
Markets, pizzerie, and gelaterie are just a few minutes drive or walk. The chic municipal beach club in Padenghe (with cafe and restaurant) can be reached on foot in about seven minutes. My wife spent a great day there while my brother and I took the kids to the Gardaland amusement park.
The highlight of our visit was an afternoon on Lake Garda. We rented from Rappy Drive in nearby Moniga - a six person 40hp watercraft that did not require the operator (me) to have a boating license. Fantastic. We also spent an evening in beautiful nearby Desenzano, and the unforgettable Sirmione, with its castle and moat. Both towns were busy but not overwhelmingly so in early July.
Would be easy to fill a week or ten days here!
PICTURES: bar boat on Lake Garda - we stopped for coffee!
View from "Il Castello" in Padenghe sul Garda
Another castle at the entrance to the old town of Sirmione, almost impossibly cute.

Attachments

• bar boat.jpg
    bar boat.jpg
    524.8 KB · Views: 20
  • castello view.JPG
    castello view.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • sirmione.JPG
    sirmione.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 26

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina