• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

LondonTips-things to do & places to eat....

PokeyMindy

100+ Posts
I posted a question on FB and received many replies. I would like to post here as well (as I should have in the beginning).
Going to London in July (only for 3 full days so not a lot of time). Please post your favorite things to do/places to eat.
Here is a word document...or maybe a PDF file...I'm not sure what I did...hahaha.....of things I have so far:
thank you!! While reservations are not yet confirmed, my sister and I are hoping to stay (again) at Vancouver Studios/Prince's Square.

Mindy

Attachments

• LondonTips2018 .pdf
    53.1 KB · Views: 64
For 3 days, I'd want to focus very much on what really appeals to you. The history/museums/art galleries are very much a strong point, and the variety means you can choose what really appeals to you, be it the Tower of London, Natural History museum, Tate / Tate modern gallery, Science museum etc.

I do like the street food options at Borough market, and the market itself for fancy food grazing. Saturdays can be very busy indeed, Fridays and Thursdays a little less manic. However it will be a bit of a trek across the city from where you are staying.

Hyde Park on a sunny day should be very enjoyable, and is even en-route to the two museums mentioned above.

If you want very upmarket (and can even get a table) I see the Ledbury is also in strolling distance.

maybe individual members here can cut and paste their comments in the thread. Is that OK with you Mindy?

In two weeks from today I will be back in London for a few weeks so I can add some things but, maybe you already have enough to do for three days :)
yes, do whatever you want to add to the list, thank you!

For 3 days, I'd want to focus very much on what really appeals to you. The history/museums/art galleries are very much a strong point, and the variety means you can choose what really appeals to you, be it the Tower of London, Natural History museum, Tate / Tate modern gallery, Science museum etc.

I do like the street food options at Borough market, and the market itself for fancy food grazing. Saturdays can be very busy indeed, Fridays and Thursdays a little less manic. However it will be a bit of a trek across the city from where you are staying.

Hyde Park on a sunny day should be very enjoyable, and is even en-route to the two museums mentioned above.

If you want very upmarket (and can even get a table) I see the Ledbury is also in strolling distance.
Thank you Ian for your input. My sister and I will both focus on 2 or 3 things we really want to see and plan accordingly. We both agree the Victoria and Albert Museum are at the top of our list.

Mindy

Here you go...

The Hendrix and Handel museum is cool. Go to Spitalfields market for a meal and to walk around.. I also love Giant Robot food hall in Canary Wharf (now I know you only have three days, this may be a bit of a trek.) There are a lot of free events in the summertime. It is going to be crazy crowded around places like Buckingham Palace, I would try to choose some off the beaten trackvplaces if you have already been to the big sights. If you are on the south side of the Thames you will find the riverside area between Borough Market and the London Eye so crowded you can't even walk, but if you go east of London Bridge there are some cool bars and places to hang out, free events, etc and its way less crowded. (Note I put Tower Bridge in the facebook thread, but I meant London Bridge) You can find out what is going on in that area here.

There is really good Greek food at Halepi, not too far from your lodgings. Down the street from there, the Leinster Arms has a really nice salad called Superfood salad or something like that. They are really nice people running that pub.

I will be staying in that general area for five days in February so will post if I find any new food options around there.

Here you go...

The Hendrix and Handel museum is cool. Go to Spitalfields market for a meal and to walk around.. I also love Giant Robot food hall in Canary Wharf (now I know you only have three days, this may be a bit of a trek.) There are a lot of free events in the summertime. It is going to be crazy crowded around places like Buckingham Palace, I would try to choose some off the beaten trackvplaces if you have already been to the big sights. If you are on the south side of the Thames you will find the riverside area between Borough Market and the London Eye so crowded you can't even walk, but if you go east of London Bridge there are some cool bars and places to hang out, free events, etc and its way less crowded. (Note I put Tower Bridge in the facebook thread, but I meant London Bridge) You can find out what is going on in that area here.

There is really good Greek food at Halepi, not too far from your lodgings. Down the street from there, the Leinster Arms has a really nice salad called Superfood salad or something like that. They are really nice people running that pub.

I will be staying in that general area for five days in February so will post if I find any new food options around there.
Thank you Shannon!!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina