• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Looking for "living in Italy" posts

Brunello

Hi and hello everyone. I use to be a member of the old site where Cristina use to monitor. After a long time away, I am now back to looking for a suitable place to live and spend most of my time in Italy. I know there use to be a thread on living in Italy related to the old site but cannot find it. Anyone know if it's still alive? Or other recommendations for potential expats?

thanks
Alan

I'm Italian. Like Tina I'm willing to help if you have specific questions :) Also, I know some expats who have written blog posts about all the documents and paperwork required to stay in Italy for someone coming from countries not belonging to EU. Just let us know if you're interested in this kind of content.

I'm Italian. Like Tina I'm willing to help if you have specific questions :) Also, I know some expats who have written blog posts about all the documents and paperwork required to stay in Italy for someone coming from countries not belonging to EU. Just let us know if you're interested in this kind of content.
Hi Sara, Thanks for your offer! I would really be interested in getting some first-hand information from those folks you know who have written blogs on the subject. I will send you a message with some other questions directly too. Thanks again.

:) This is also a great blog which I discovered recently with info about many places in Northern Italy

Hi Sara, Thanks for your offer! I would really be interested in getting some first-hand information from those folks you know who have written blogs on the subject. I will send you a message with some other questions directly too. Thanks again.

This is a very well-done article written by Giovanna, a fellow Italophile blogger. I think it can be very interesting and she also provides many helpful links http://www.limonatalounge.com/move-to-italy/

And yes, feel free to send questions through private message :)

Brunello,

We have lived here for many years now and I previously kept a blog about our experience 2Italy.

Be cautious as everyone's experience will be different and it will depend on where you want to live, there are some subtle and important differences in the process. When going through the process we found a lot of misinformation on the internet.

Brunello,

We have lived here for many years now and I previously kept a blog about our experience 2Italy.

Be cautious as everyone's experience will be different and it will depend on where you want to live, there are some subtle and important differences in the process. When going through the process we found a lot of misinformation on the internet.
Thank-you Bryan...good to remember!

Nice photos of Cesenatico, Brunello!
My grandfather was born there and I still visit quite often! :)
Yes, i stumbled across Cesenatico while driving down the Adriatic coast. It is a beautiful Italian seaside town that was not over run by tourists. Busy in Summer and fantastic seafood, historical significance and a canal!

If you are a user, there are a number of ex-pat Facebook sites for general interest and city sites for area-specific items. I get very useful info from "Italian Reflections" (ex-pats) and (for the area where our house is, "Lucca Lovers Meet & Greet" (people new to the area) and "Lost in Lucca" (geared more to long term residents).

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina