• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Looking for Overnight Charming Location Near Paris

CaWino

100+ Posts
I'm considering going to Chartres at least for day trip, but wondering if it's worth 1-2 nights as well. Another location is certainly an option, too. I'm looking for a location within an easy train trip (1-2 hours) from Paris. We won't have a car. The ideal location would offer some sites, walkable, quaint ambiance, good restaurant choices and just a great place to relax. We have been to Paris several times and looking for a day or two diversion from the big city. Thank you for any suggestions?

Last edited:
Reactions: Amy
Pauline I agree!
Rouen :dancingcow: Very Walkable, Lots to see and history, and had a memorable meal!
What else can you ask for?

Here are links to our Rouen experience!

Reims is reasonably close (just over an hour by TGV), has things to see & is walkable. Food seems to be good as well (matching our own limited experience).

The only caveat, is accommodation options seemed somewhat limited (we like apartments)

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina