• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Gathering ideas for a contest

Pauline

Forums Admin
I have decided to hold a contest! Not as big as we did on SlowTrav, but I think it will be fun. I will post more later but here is a rough outline.
  • Prizes will be vacation rentals in Europe, a free week or a 50% discount.
  • To enter you have to be a member of the forums, have at least 10 posts and post a trip report or resource (for any country, any time - 500 words or more - trip reports and resources previously posted count). When you have done this, you will enter by posting on a contest thread that I will set up.
  • Names will be put in a hat and drawn. The first winner picks the prize they want, and on until all prizes are gone.
The contest will be announced in January and the drawing will take place mid-April.

I already have 7 nice prizes - 5 in Italy, 2 in France.

I have a few more people to ask, but would like your help with suggestions. It would be nice to find "off the beaten path" places to promote that type of tourism, and some prizes for countries other than Italy. Do you know someone who might be interested in offering a prize? I am looking for accommodations only, preferably vacation rentals but B&Bs and hotels are an option. If you could send me a message or post here with your suggestions.

I did not title this thread with "contest" because I wanted to keep this discussion low-key :) - 28 December, changing thread title to get this thing rolling.

Last edited:
My trip report will be coming in the new year. Sounds fun.

Wow! I've never written a trip report, as I don't have what I would call super-interesting trips; but I'll do my best!

Don't undersell your trips SMJ, I'm sure there will be something interesting - the most unlikely of places can turn out to be winners.

I will include Resources for entering the contest I think. Either a trip report or a resource page. And there will be a few non-accommodation prizes (amazon gift certificates).

Thanks to everyone who sent me suggestions. I have one more prize and a few more companies to email. I will wait until after the holidays to email people. More suggestions welcome.

I just re-read this, and I think I misinterpreted it before- I think what it's saying is that I have to have a 500+ word summary post here on SE, then a link to the full post on my blog, is that correct?

Yes, the purpose of the contest is to get more content on the forums, and more traffic. So I need to have your trip report on the forums but you can post a summary and link to your blog if someone wants to read more details.

I will make this more clear in the contest description.

I'm in! Is Steve going to be drawing the names?

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina