• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Lounge at Fiumicino Airport

HarveyK

10+ Posts
I will be flying Boston to Rome, on Sept. 1, and have a 5+ hour layover at Fiumicino on Sept. 1, before my flight to Venice. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the airport lounges there. I would like to shower and freshen up and have a quiet place to relax. I'm flying Alitalia, so I can buy a day pass to their lounge, but heard there may be better ones.

We have used the Alitalia Casa Giotto lounge in the past and found it very comfortable and with a good selection of food and beverage items. I see that his lounge has now closed and been replaced by the Casa Italiana lounge, so an upgrade in services and amenities would be possible in the new configuration.

Last edited:
Yes, I highly recommend Hello Sky at FCO. I spent the night there.

I can't say enough good things about my little single room (I included photos in the thread the @Penn251 links to above).

The only thing really lacking is a full-service restaurant. The dining area is fine for breakfast and small things, but don't expect a hardy meal, nor the big buffet of an airline lounge like American or British Airways.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina