• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Lucca apartment rental

jan

100+ Posts
I got this email from 2 women friends who I've been trying to help plan their trip for next spring. They want to spend about 2 months in Lucca.

I have been trying to book an apartment with Mrs Sonia for several days now. The VRBO website gives you one price for a period and then Sonia gives you another, much higher price. When we went in to alter our dates, to make our stay a week shorter and hopefully slightly less money, the cost actually went up by €250. Do you have any words of wisdom? It looks like the longer we delay finalizing our booking, the higher the price goes

I just don't know what to advise. Haven't some of you rented from Sonia before?

Thanks!

I have not rented from her but this sounds backwards! Once you make contact directly with the owner the price drops. Are you sure the aren't changing dates from a mid-season to a high season? That would be the only logical explanation.

We're renting this apartment for basically the month of September. It's a new one for us and so far the owner has been wonderful. Have rented several others over the years. I can keep you posted on how the one works out if you want. It's property 1304900 on Homeaway.com

On your price difference, I'm guessing you got a discounted price for staying 2 months. I found that to be the case in some apartment rentals. It was cheaper to stay for a month than it was for 3 weeks.

I rented an apartment in Lucca from Mrs. Sonia several years ago for two weeks. I had no problems whatsoever, although I never did meet her (she sent a representative). What a shame to hear there may be problems! I stayed in: 1000365ha
It was very nice when I was there, and it looks like they may have upgraded it a bit.

Did you friends ask why the price went up?

DD

I rented an apartment in Lucca from Mrs. Sonia several years ago for two weeks. I had no problems whatsoever, although I never did meet her (she sent a representative). What a shame to hear there may be problems! I stayed in: 1000365ha
It was very nice when I was there, and it looks like they may have upgraded it a bit.

Did you friends ask why the price went up?

DD
The only emails she answered were those requesting a quote. We emailed her several other times to ask specific questions about the apartment's WIFI and an estimate of the monthly heating costs and she never responded. Several of the posts on TA sounded exactly like what we were experiencing. It's too bad. It looks like she has some beautiful apartments.

I'm fairly certain that the apartment we rented was owned by a family in the same building (we had some trouble with the AC and the owner came by to help). I wonder if they realize Mrs. Sonia is getting poor reviews.

I agree, it's a shame.

DD

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina