• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Luxury Villa Suggestions

Valerie

100+ Posts
Help! It's been years since we've spent any amount of time in Tuscany and the field is more clogged than ever with non-relevant options. My eyes are burning from looking.

The need: a large luxury type villa near Castellina in Chianti, 6 bedrooms at least. (Has to be Castellina area). Ideas???

These agencies specialize in large villas. Have you looked at them?
Posarelli Villas -
Trust and Travel - Tuscany, Umbria, Veneto. Agency based in Europe.
Tuscany Now and More - Agency based in UK.
Tuscan Enterprises

Instead of one large (very expensive most likely) villa, you could consider renting several apartments on an estate. There are several in the Chianti.
Aiolina - Estate in Chianti near Siena. This is Cristina's new place.

Thanks. Getting some ideas together for somebody. I have never personally booked a luxury villa (other than Luca's Villa Virginia) and don't know Tuscany well.

Where and how can I get feedback and comments from people who stayed at the Aiolina Villa in Tuscany? I am planning a family vacation for next year and want to stay at a villa in the Tuscany region. I read some comments about Aiolina Villa and would like to get more feedback.

Where and how can I get feedback and comments from people who stayed at the Aiolina Villa in Tuscany? I am planning a family vacation for next year and want to stay at a villa in the Tuscany region. I read some comments about Aiolina Villa and would like to get more feedback.

GIve us a link to the listing. Sometimes agencies rename their villas, so someone may know it by a different name.

Aiolina is the name of Cristina's new agriturismo near Siena. https://aiolina.com/
She's only been in business for the past few months, so probably doesn't have reviews. I know Cristina and I bet she runs a great agriturismo.

Yes, it is Cristina's new agriturismo near Siena. When will there be some feedback from people who have stayed there?

We stayed at this villa (La Querce, see link below) for 2 weeks this past August. At different times there were between 6 to 13 people staying there (most of the time 10 adults and 3 teens) and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the stay. The key for my wife is it has to be immaculately clean, and this place was. They can provide a chef and servers for dinners at a very reasonable cost.

It's a good location about 20 minutes from Florence. The villa is gated and there is plenty of parking (you will need a car or a driver).

If I can answer any specific questions feel free to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to write a lot of reviews for TripAdvisor, but in recent years I've gotten rather lazy. However, since you asked Pauline, and I appreciate this website, I'll summon up the energy to write something! :)

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina