• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Madrid Apartment Question

I've only been to Madrid once, but I researched the neighbourhoods quite carefully. And the people whose opinions I trusted all agreed that Las Huertas (= Letras) was the area to go for - and that's where your airbnb one is.

I agree with Jonathan. Great area. We were just there and stayed in a lovely place fairly close to Plaza Mayor. It can get noisy so if that's a concern I would check if bedroom is in the back. But Madrid is a noisy city. Our apt was on the first floor and with bedroom in back it was very quiet.

The airbnb one looks great as well. The Prado is still in the same general area. Both locations are good. I would just go for the one that seems to best meet your needs.

We rented from Spain Select and loved our apartment. Lope Vegas 2. I think they have reviews on their website and rent within Europe mostly. I had no problems with them or apartment. Jan another poster here encountered some issues.
I would rent w/O revie but I would check with agency why none.

Lisa,
Thanks, I have written to Spain Select with questions, especially regarding the lack of reviews. I have Lope Vegas 2 on my short list, but it is large for just the two of us. Although it would almost be worth the difference to have two bathrooms. I appreciate your positive comments on it.
I still like the airbnb apartment, but am concerned because air conditioning is not available in October, because of my allergies we sleep with windows closed and air on unless it is really cold. Being from south Florida, we don't deal with no air conditioning well. It also helps with city noise.

We were just 2 as well and it was great having 2 bathrooms. It was a lovely place. We're in an airbnb now and it just doesn't compare. It's so basic. I love aibnb but you really never know what you'll get. Always a little surprise. Mostly pleasant bit some less so.

Thanks to all for the good advice.
Lisa - I decided to book the Lope de Vega II, we had done two bed/bath rental before and never regretted having that extra space. I waited a day too late to book and lost availability. I did book Veronica I in the same area. I feel fine about it after talking with SS - it is a newly decorated apartment added last year to their properties which explains the lack of reviews. I will review it after our trip.

I have a found an apartment in Seville with Spain Select http://sevilla.spain-select.com/en_US/rent-apartments/casa-de-santa-cruz . I have it on hold today. I found another that I also liked on Trip Advisor, but the owner wanted full payment up front. I have never booked with Trip Advisor and it seemed odd to me so I let it go. Spain Select appears to have a good reputation.

Now I just have to find a Barcelona apartment and I will be set.

Thanks again!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina