• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Basilicata Maratea (aka "heaven"!) 2bdrm, 2 bath

Anne

100+ Posts
We spent far too few days in this lovely rental:
https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Vacation...a-Maratea_Province_of_Potenza_Basilicata.html

My review's on the website - here's what I wrote:
My mother and I spent 3 nights in this restful place, just above the town of Maratea and a stunningly beautiful stretch of coast. It is a fantastic spot from which to explore the area...or just hang out and relax on the property. We got lost coming down from Trecchina, but once we found our way, the directions very good and specific. The owner's mother is a lovely woman who came to welcome us our first morning, giving us a great restaurant recommendation and some helpful advice on the area.
The house is spacious, clean and bright with a well equipped kitchen. Large,comfortable master bed, excellent linens, lots of hot water for showers. There's a shelf with a good collection of tourist information as well as novels in different languages. The outdoor space is huge and private, including a large patio.
We would love to have stayed longer and definitely hope to return some day!!

I will add that there is a walking trail up to the nearby Cristo Redontore statue, but we were in lazy, leisure mode at this point (just coming from Naples) and so we drove instead. I can't say enough about how relaxing and rejuvenating we found our stay. Sheer bliss. The other half of the villa is also available to rent, so a couple families could rent both halves if travelling together.

Also, we cooked most of our own meals while there - found a grocery store in Trecchina, who were closing as we approached but graciously called us back as we started to turn away and stayed open so we could pick up enough for a couple meals. How wonderful is that?! We did have one fabulous dinner out at a place called Da Cesare, just up the coast on SS18 in Cersuta.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina