• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

March in Nice, Cote D'Azur?

We spent a week in Nice a few years ago, in early May. Really enjoyed the Chagall museum and the Russian Orthodox cathedral. Also spent a great day taking the elevator to the top of Castle Hill, then walking down...the cemetery has amazing tomb sculptures.

We only made a couple daytrips. One to Monaco - spent much of the day in the Jardin Exotique (amazing succulents garden and stunning views), then in the evening, went to a free concert by the Monte Carlo Philharmonic, dedicating the new organ in the old cathedral (spine tingling!) Another day we took the train to Ventimiglia, and found it very pleasant and interesting.

Last edited:
Anyone been there during Nice Carnival? We arrive in time for the last Saturday of parades; one the daytime Flower Parade, the other at night. There seems to be a heavy security plan with cordoned off viewing, and you need to buy tickets for either standing or sitting. I've also read that you can see the gigantic floats driving over and back to the workshops near the Port, but can't find more details on that route.
It looks like we will be Nice in February 2020 and likely be overlapping a bit with the Carnival. How was the experience? Any words of wisdom?

We were in Nice for Carnival several years ago. It was fun. We bought tickets for one of the nights and sat in the stands. We saw some of the floats hanging about theoughout the week but having a seat for the spectacle was special. A one off.

I’ve been to Nice once for Carnival, and will be there again next year (2020) for part of it. You can get tickets online for many of the events in advance. It can be a bit crazy, and the city is kind of a mess with all the stands and seating for the parades and shows. Not a big fan of it all, we’ve avoided going during that time of year, but next year it just happens to be the best time for us to be there.

The Lemon Festival in Menton is worth checking out for a day trip. Happens during the same time.

We've been staying in Nice for a month in either February, March or April the past few years. We rent an apartment in the Port. This year will the earliest we will arrive in mid-February and depart for Bordeaux in Mid March.

The weather can be cold at night (low 40's) and in the morning. But it will warm up to around 55-65 in March during the day. Be prepared for a couple of rain days.

We have also stayed in Antibes, which we love, however, we prefer Nice. Much more to see and do, and more central to the coast. We hop the train in the smaller station near the Port and ride it daily for trips along the coast from Cannes and Grasse to Menton and across the border into Italy.

We also love to walk and hike, so from the Port, we can hike up Castle Hill or walk along the coast to VilleFranche and then the entire Cap Ferrat. We use the bus to get to Saint Paul, Vence and Eze.

We've been staying in Nice for a month in either February, March or April the past few years. We rent an apartment in the Port. This year will the earliest we will arrive in mid-February and depart for Bordeaux in Mid March.

The weather can be cold at night (low 40's) and in the morning. But it will warm up to around 55-65 in March during the day. Be prepared for a couple of rain days.

We have also stayed in Antibes, which we love, however, we prefer Nice. Much more to see and do, and more central to the coast. We hop the train in the smaller station near the Port and ride it daily for trips along the coast from Cannes and Grasse to Menton and across the border into Italy.

We also love to walk and hike, so from the Port, we can hike up Castle Hill or walk along the coast to VilleFranche and then the entire Cap Ferrat. We use the bus to get to Saint Paul, Vence and Eze.
I love Nice in the off season. I wonder who you rent your apt from. Airbnb? Nce Pebbles or....? If private individual you dont need to give name. After our last airbnb experience in Nice I'm reluctant to use Airbnb. I love the Port area as well and we do the same as you. Hop bus or train or walk.

I love Nice in the off season. I wonder who you rent your apt from. Airbnb? Nce Pebbles or....? If private individual you dont need to give name. After our last airbnb experience in Nice I'm reluctant to use Airbnb. I love the Port area as well and we do the same as you. Hop bus or train or walk.

We have rented from Nice Pebbles twice and from AirBnB. Never had a problem with either. Currently we have rented the same apartment for what will be our 5th straight year from the same person via AirBnB.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina