• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Marseille airport

BryanS

100+ Posts
We might fly into Marseille from Rome to then drive towards the Aude area. Has anyone had experience with picking up a rental there and getting in and out?

Hi Bryan!

I did this a couple of summers ago, and don't remember any particular problems (there's nothing special noted in my journal). The car hire car park is very close to the main terminal building (which is only a short walk from MP2, if you're flying in low-cost, as I was), and because the airport is NW of Marseille itself, you can get straight out to the roads leading north and west without getting tangled in city traffic.

We have flown in and out of Marseilles a few times. As Jonathan said, car rental close by and close to autoroute. The first time our GPS took us on smaller roads to a point further along the autoroute, but it is best to get on it immediately.

Have change ready for several toll booths.

Once when we were leaving the airport was packed and it was an hour to get thru security, but only that one time.

We fly in and out of Marseille all the time and find it a very easy airport. The terminals are right across from where the car rental offices are and then it's easy access to get to the autoroute. Just be sure to pay attention to the signs. You'll take the A7 north toward Lyon. At some point up the road you'll take a toll ticket. But you might not pay a toll until you exit the autoroute. (I use www.viamichelin.com to get a preview of the tolls and where they're collected.)

Every once a while-- busy holiday weekends-- the autoroute can get really backed up at the toll/ticket plaza.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina