• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Basilicata Matera sassi studio, 1 bath

Anne

100+ Posts
Studio in Matera:
https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p1080943#reviewsPage2

Oddly enough I don't seem to have left a review on the rental site, and wasn't blogging that trip so haven't any detailed notes. But I can say that we thought this place was magical! Just at the top edge of the sassi (the Barisano section), not far from Piazza Veneto (where locals gather for passagiato each evening.)

This is a one room studio, but laid out to feel like a one bedroom apartment. There's a wee terrace outside the front door, with 2 chairs and a small table. Inside is a small entryway with a closet, then step into the main room. The kitchenette is to the left, with a table and 2 chairs on the right, plus a sofa and tv. The bathroom is at this end of the apartment. All fixtures, kitchen and bathroom, are very high quality. There's a partial wall/divider and on the other side is the bed, which faces double doors. You can lie in bed and look out at the sassi through the open doors. Stunning view.

We didn't cook, but there's a huge sink, mini fridge, cooktop, and good counter space so I imagine one could prepare just about anything. It's perfect for two people but could work for 2 close couples or a family. The only downside was a minor and not uncommon one in Italian cities - parking. My mom's had two knee replacements so I try to park the car as close as possible. A couple of days, we had to park a fair distance away in one of the pay parking lots as I just couldn't seem to find an empty spot on the street. Otherwise, the apartment and location was ideal. In a nutshell - this rental gets all of the thumbs up from me!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina