• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Memling exhibition at Rome's Quirinale

Looks like a fascinating exhibition. And the Scuderie del Quirinale is one of my favourite galleries in Rome. The Italian architect, Gae Aulenti, was responsible for some wonderfully inventive transformations of existing buildings into new museum spaces: here, in Rome, the former stables of the Palazzo Quirinale; in Paris, a railway station became the Musée d'Orsay; in San Francisco, the Central Library was recast as the Asian Art Museum.

Hello Jonathan,
The Scuderie is wonderful, isn't it? And I believe that I have you to thank for directing me there, a few years ago in a post on Slow Travel! I now work very near the Quirinale (at ANSA) and go to most of its exhibitions (I skipped the recent show on Frida Kahlo only because I have seen many of her works in exhibitions in Canada and in Mexico).

And I believe that I have you to thank for directing me there, a few years ago in a post on Slow Travel!

Oh good! Yes, I've been enthusing about the Scuderie for some years now... Philippa and I came upon one of their first shows (Rembrandt etchings: visitors were issued with their own magnifying glasses to examine the detail - fascinating) by chance when in Rome for New Year, way back in 2003!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina