• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Mexico City

ColleenK

10+ Posts
Returned from a wonderful trip to Mexico City 3 weeks ago. First trip there. Learnec so much about the so much about the culture, history, art and delicious food. In the process of writing a trip report. Stay tuned!

We will be in Mexico City (first time there) May 4-12. We are staying the whole time at the Gran Hotel Ciudad de Mexico. We don't speak Spanish, unfortunately. In Europe we've found that a lot of local people speak English quite fluently, is this the case in Mexico City? What are your "must sees"? I have been having a hard time coming up narrowing down options for a 7 day itinerary. So much to choose from! Any tips you can share would be appreciated.

Hi Kupus,
I am on day 3 of a very detailed trip report that I hope to have finished by next week. In the mean time I would make reservations at the Frida Kahlo house and spend the day in that cute area. I would try to get a reservation for uncharted or dinner for the most amazing tasting menu at Pujol restaurant. One of the most spectacular meals of my life worth every penny of the $200 cost with wine and tip. Also don’t miss the Ballet Folklorico de Mexico. Really outstanding, goose bump music, singing , dancing and costumes. We sat in the mezzanine which was great but the orchestra would be even more amazing. These should all be reserved ahead of time. The rest will be reported in detail soon.

I am very sorry to say that I lost all my data on my computer including the Mexico City trip report that I was more than half through. I do not have the time or stamina to start writing it again, at least not until early May when I will have more time.
I will try to post important/useful links before your trip and feel free to ask me specific questions.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina