• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Milan Hotels near Milan Central Train station

reajackson

10+ Posts
I am reaching out to the forum to see if there are recommendations for a nice 3 or 4 star hotel in Central Milan near the train station - staying for one night each of two nights apart on a 4 leg trip to Italy - any thoughts on a nice accomodation near Milano Centrale would be great - one of those arrive in the afternoon leave the following morning needs.

thanks in advance.
Rea Jackson
Denver CO

If your budget allows, Hotel Excelsior Gallia is lovely. We used to stay there for one night before train travel when travel agents helped plan trips and had wonderful discounts. I don't know what it costs these days.

I am reaching out to the forum to see if there are recommendations for a nice 3 or 4 star hotel in Central Milan near the train station - staying for one night each of two nights apart on a 4 leg trip to Italy - any thoughts on a nice accomodation near Milano Centrale would be great - one of those arrive in the afternoon leave the following morning needs.

thanks in advance.
Rea Jackson
Denver CO

We stayed at La Sempione which is at a metro stop from the train station. They have a very good breakfast. We stayed in Milan for several days though. We posted a trip report on it.

My husband and I spent just one night at Hotel IQ Milano, about two blocks from the Milan Centrale Station, a very easy walk. The hotel was clean, not terribly impressive but inexpensive and so close to the train station for our early morning walk. IQhotelmilano.it.

Carol

Having found good prices on flights in and out of MXP, we have spent a few nights in Milan at the start and end of different trips. It's nice to have a day on the ground after the TALT flight before renting a car or putting in a few hours on a train. We've used both lines of the Malpensa Express. One arrives/departs at Milano Centrale, the other at Milano Cadorna. We enjoy staying near the Duomo and Galleria if even for a short time.

The Hotel Gran Duca di York is a favorite. It's a lovely, quiet, boutique hotel with friendly staff, hidden away just a couple of blocks from the Duomo. The last time we had an early morning (0h-dark-thirty) flight out of MXP, they arranged for a taxi for the short ride to Cadorna station (the Metro hadn't started running yet) and even packed a complimentary breakfast for us to eat on our way to the airport.

thanks in advance.
Rea Jackson
Denver CO
We stayed at Starhotel Echo right across the piazza from Milano Centrale -- big and modern but very pleasant and good value.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina