• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

TV Series Miriam's Big American Adventure

I have yet to catch up with the second programme, but I've always had a soft spot for Miriam's deliberate outrageousness.

The whole gangs/territories thing mystifies me as it does her. It happens in some of our big cities too, though with knives rather than guns. I suppose it's to do with young men feeling a need to find some way of asserting some sort of status and control even before it gets compounded with crime and drugs; but it's tragic how self-reinforcing it then becomes.

We have watched the first two episodes....the second one is quite moving as Miriam visits a summer camp and a prison. She seems to be genuinely moved by her interactions and is able to maintain civil discourse with people she disagrees with.

I think the programs are well worth watching....

I will add that we have known Miriam for a long time (she has a house in Tuscany and is a big Italophile) and what you see on the program is a true picture of her personality.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina