• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

New Books Forum

Pauline

Forums Admin
I love to read and our threads about memoirs of life in Italy and France have been busy, so I thought I would set up a forum for books.

Anything goes - novels, memoirs, movies, TV shows - whatever we are reading or watching.

I renamed all the threads I moved over from country forums but can't order them in any way. Xenforo has a feature where you can create pages (with another tab for them) and I might do that to keep lists of recommended expat memoirs. For now, those threads are at the top of the forum.

Right now I am listening to the audiobook of The Trespasser by Tana French. This is the latest in her series of mysteries set in Ireland. I've read every one and really enjoyed them all. I mostly get all the books I read via the library, and I was able to download this audiobook from the OverDrive service at our library.

Pauline, is this the way you want us to use this forum? I wasn't sure if this was for posting about the new books we are reading, or if this forum was meant to be an introduction for the other forums in this general area.

Pauline, is this the way you want us to use this forum? I wasn't sure if this was for posting about the new books we are reading, or if this forum was meant to be an introduction for the other forums in this general area.

This forum replaces the threads I had in each country forum. I moved them here. I thought we could talk about whatever we are reading. You could start a new bread about Tana French.

I still want to keep some kind of list for good memoirs about living in Europe. I American reading the Truffle book by James Ivey that you recommended!

In the old Slowtalk, someone said she really liked the Maisie Dobbs books by Jacqueline Winspear, so I decided to try them. These are mystery stories and Maisie is a private detective based in London. I wouldn't call these great literature, but Maisie is smart and interesting. Because I have just started book #2, I don't know how much traveling she does, but I notice a recent book (#12) is Journey to Munich. Maisie was nurse in WWI and there are references to that experience, so I recommend starting with #1, "Maisie Dobbs".

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina