• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Next week: Venice, Padua. Favourite restaurants?

Sandrac

100+ Posts
Hello everyone,
I'm off to Venice next week, with a few day trips including Padua. I'm looking for restaurant recommendations. Any favourites?
Cheers,
Sandra

I have never been to Padua. In Venice I liked Al Covo, Osteria Alle Testiere, and Antiche Carampane. I had a lovely lunch outside at Osteria da Rioba. I have also been to Ristorante Wildner. It is on the ground level of the Hotel Wildner. I don't typically eat in hotel restaurants but I was planning a donor trip to Venice to see the biennale and I was there for an inspection tour with the events company we hired to help with logistics. The woman I was working with grew up in Venice and took me there for dinner one night. She new half the people in the restaurant and the food was excellent.

For cicchetti, I liked Cantine del vino schiavi and Osteria Al Squero. They are down the street from one another and Al Squero has a lovely view across a canal of the shop that builds and repairs gondolas. I also like to sit outside in Campo Santa Margherita and have a drink. It's a good people watching spot.

Philippa and I ate really well at ai Promessi Sposi last October, so here's another positive vote! I'm sure Nan (who hopes to join us on Wednesday evening) will have plenty of ideas, too. She and I ate (and drank) wonderfully this evening at CoVino (just around the corner from me this week, but a bit of a hike from Cannaregio...).

Hello Jonathan,
Thanks for this suggestion, I hope you are having a good time in Venice and I will be asking you for more suggestions when we get together!
Cheers,
Sandra

I looked at ai Promessi Sposi online. I have been there too and liked it. Probably a Shannon suggestion to begin with!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina