• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Night time train travel room differences

Django

10+ Posts
Hello slowtravelers,

I see there is an option for the Excelsior Doppio and Excelsior Singolo on the Trenitalia website. Does anyone know the differences? Excelsior singolo costs more than the excelsior doppio. i would think a single is cheaper than a double.

As I take a quick look, it looks like it's a per-person charge. If you're traveling alone, with a Singolo you'd have the compartment to yourself, and with a Doppio you could have a stranger put with you.

And editing: as I test continuing such a reservation, it looks like a person alone selecting a Doppio is not allowed to continue; it would be an option for two people traveling together, and they would pay the per-person charge. Strangers could be put together in couchettes, and it's possible to select a single-sex compartment.

Last edited:
Andrew, this is great! Thank you for the extra step in testing the website. I should have proceeded further myself to see this!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina