• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Norway and Iceland

Doug Scarola

10+ Posts
We will be traveling by cruise to both countries in the First two weeks of august and trying to ask about clothing to wear? Will it be cold? warm? What to pack, especially for my fiancé, is what puzzles us because the research on the web is so conflicting. Thought that this group could be a little more realistic as to what to expect.
thanks!!

My wife, daughter and I drove the entire Ring Road counterclockwise the last 2 weeks of July 2018. We took layers, one of those light weight down jackets, sweater, long sleeve t-shirts etc. Had rain gear as well. We hiked a lot so many of our pics show us in t-shirts but with another layer tied around our waist. We walked to and onto glaciers, saw icebergs flowing out to sea, so there's a chill in the air. We also took bathing suits and enjoyed a few natural thermal springs. Get ready for the sunlight! Enjoy!

As always, think layers and make sure you have windproof/showerproof jackets. The sun can be shining but if it is windy, the wind chill factor can make it feel a lot colder. Inside the cruise ship or on a coach for a trip, you will be warm and may even feel too hot!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina