• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Olympic ice skating-Italy!

I saw it. It was a beautiful performance and her high marks moved Italy's team into the medal round (top 5). USA made it too. I'm cheering for USA and also Italy.

I saw it! I remember Carolina Kostner skating in Torino. Glad to see she did well! I have to say that I have fallen in love with the little Russian skater, Julia Lipnitskaia. She is amazing!

I have been consumed these past 17 days - our lives have, almost, stood still. ;-)
Though there seemed to be a lot falls -hence mandatory point deductions - the skating was truly phenomenal. The positions some of these skaters placed their bodies in was, even to me, aw-inspiring/amazing - women/girls and men/young men.
Carolina was gorgeous, her programs were mature and full of 'component' points, but she and Yuna were short one triple, unfortunately.
I am sorry to see the end arrive today.....We did love NBCSN's dedicated morning coverage to figure skating - every skater/every program. Kudos, also, we really enjoyed Tara and Johnny commentate - they are a good team. (Hopefully they will commentate World's next month. ) I/we are sure others will disagree, but Johnny put out a lot of good technical information. And! He and Tara had a blast dressing each day. Fun, fun, fun, sorry to see it go.
Multiple quads, who would ever have thought it

Last edited:
Since this IS an Italy post...
I thought the second skater to represent Ladies FS, Valentina Marchei was OK, I watched all of her skates, every move...she just did not work for me.
Having said that, Carolina K. was beauty on ice with each stroke, pose, move.
I have been at The Ice Hall, in Colorado Springs, many times and watched Paul Bonifacio Parkinson warm up, practice, train. I am sorry he did not skate, under pressure, better.
With both programs in ice-dance, Cappellini and Lanotte (what a last name;-)), skated great. Good programs.
What else.... :)

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina