• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Oxford Lodging for One Night

Julie

10+ Posts
Any suggestions for a moderate lodge/B&B/hotel in or very near Oxford for one last night before departing next morning to catch flight at Heathrow? Car parking and a lift preferred? Not necessary to be right in town, but at least close by. Thank you!

The Premier Inn chain of hotels in the UK are good for a reasonably priced one night stay. We have used them several times. Modern and boring but clean and predictable. Perhaps not what you are looking for.

An off-the-wall suggestion

Depending on it being outside of term time ... I believe the colleges hire out rooms - not fancy I'm sure, but probably inexpensive and a quirky last night to say you stayed in the University?

The Premier Inn chain of hotels in the UK are good for a reasonably priced one night stay. We have used them several times. Modern and boring but clean and predictable. Perhaps not what you are looking for.
Thanks Pauline, good to know about them, just in case!

An off-the-wall suggestion

Depending on it being outside of term time ... I believe the colleges hire out rooms - not fancy I'm sure, but probably inexpensive and a quirky last night to say you stayed in the University?
Wow, what a great idea! We will be there mid-late September and it appears that the term hasn't started yet, thanks so much!

We are just back from two nights in Oxford. We stayed at the Coach & Horses B&B on St Clement's Road, just a short walk from the center of town. They have limited parking, so book a place when you reserve. We had room #8 on the third floor (second floor to Brits), a fabulously comfortable and very large room with a true king-size bed. The bathroom was huge too. Breakfast, ordered the previous night, was delicious. Do definitively eat at Moya Slovak Restaurant, just a two-minute walk down St Clement's toward the city center. We spent two full days in Oxford and never moved our car. All the key sights are in easy walking distance for us active 70 year olds.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina