• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt 2017 No. 34 - Beverage(s)

Kathy (Trekcapri)

100+ Posts
This week’s Photo Hunt No. 34 (Week of October 29, 2017 – Beverage(s)

A Photo Hunt 2017 category is available on the Media Gallery.

Many thanks to Joe for posting the weekly Photo Hunt themes while I was away. I really like the cool themes he posted for you and it's going to be tough coming up with equally fun themes.

Future Themes: If you have ideas for a future theme, feel free to share them HERE
Photo Hunt No. 35 (Week of Nov. 5, 2017) – Your Happy Place (ie., favorite travel destination, home, etc.)
Photo Hunt No. 36 (Week of Nov. 12, 2017) – Lines and/or Patterns
Photo Hunt No. 37 (Week of Nov. 19, 2017) – Food
Photo Hunt No. 38 (Week of Nov. 26, 2017) - Silhouette

I had a great trip to Croatia and Italy but I'm ready to start photo hunting again. Who knew that Croatia produce such delicious wine? I had the best time on Shannon’s GrapeHops Tour in Croatia. This is a beautiful country with a lot of interesting history. I had a blast hiking, going wine tasting, riding a scooter (which I haven't done in years) and walking the walls in Dubrovnik. This is a photo that I took at one of our wine tastings. I'm partial to whites and rosé, but I have to say that some of the red wines were amazing too.

Enjoying a glass of prosecco with a side of mineral water with a friend along the Grand Canal.

fullsizeoutput_2ca0.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2ca1.jpeg

The drink of the US Virgin Islands is called a Bushwacker. This coconut concoction, which is high in sugar and alcohol, goes down a little too smooth after a day of playing in the salt water. Not one of my favorites, but folks sure do drink them down in quantity.

For 1 Drink:

1 oz Bailey's
1 oz Frangelico
1 oz Kahlua
1 oz Dark Crème de Cacao
1 oz Vodka
1 oz Light Rum
1 oz Coco Lopez
Chocolate Syrup in a Squeeze bottle
Fresh Nutmeg
Maraschino Cherry Garnish (which adds nothing and usually skipped)

BW1.jpg

Put all ingredients in a blender. Add 1 glass of ice and Blend until creamy smooth. The chocolate is next and should be squirted by a pointed tipped bottle. (like a ketchup container at a hamburger joint) make patterns along inside sides of glass. Pour the blend drink into to the glass and then be creative with a top design. Add a little scraped nutmeg and Voilà!

After my sweetie completed a 3.5 mile open ocean swim in St John, the bartender at the beach bar made her a special Bushwacker!

BW2.jpg

Last edited:

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina