• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt 2017 No. 43 (Week of December 31, 2017) - Your Favorite 2017 Travel Photo

Kathy (Trekcapri)

100+ Posts
This week’s Photo Hunt No. 43 (Week of December 31, 2017) – Your Favorite 2017 Travel Photo

A Photo Hunt 2018 category is available on the Media Gallery.

Lovely and fun holiday photos. It’s hard to believe that another year has come and gone, but I’m ready for some new adventures. Our final theme comes courtesy of Joe who recommended it. Posting your favorite Travel Photo in 2017 is a fantastic way to end this year’s photo hunt.

Pauline has kindly created a Photo Hunt 2018 so we can continue to share our wonderful photos. I enjoy posting weekly themes and will gladly continue to post the threads each week. But if anyone would like to give it a go, please let me know. It is fun and I think anyone who loves to travel and take photos will enjoy the activity. Or if you have some interesting and fun future themes you’d like to share to be posted, please also let me know so I may post your recommendations.

Upcoming Photo Hunt Themes:
Photo Hunt No.1 (Week of January 7, 2018) – Time (Can be a Clock, a Season, etc)
Photo Hunt No. 2 (Week of January 14, 2018) – Close-Up
Photo Hunt No. 3 (Week of January 21, 2018) – Early Morning
Photo Hunt No. 4 (Week of January 28, 2018) – Flea Market

My favorite photo in 2017 was taken in the small town of Rovinj in Croatia. While on Shannon’s Grape Hops Tour we visited some beautiful towns (and the island of Hvar) and sampled some very delicious Croatian Wine and cuisine. I took this photo after dinner when a group of us walked to the harbor.

Many thanks to everyone for taking the time to share your beautiful photos on Photo Hunt 2017. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your awesome photos in 2018. Happy New Year’s Everyone!

Last edited:
fullsizeoutput_260a.jpeg

Keukenhof, May 2017

In contrast of the above photo -
I found this lonely caper while hiking here in the desert. Pretty much sums up the essence of a desert plant : trying to take root in very difficult conditions. This photo was taken late February, and I returned to see the plant recently - but I'll spare you the second shot, in order to keep your spirits high for New Year's Eve....;)
Let's hope that 2018 brings better tidings for the planet.

32340987194_e1d976371f_k (1).jpg

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina