• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt 2019 No. 26 : Country Road

joe

1000+ Posts
This week's Photo Hunt theme (June 30, 2019) : Country Road

Upcoming Photo Hunt themes :
July 7 : Hike/Hiking
@Kathy (Trekcapri) is back, and will update the next themes.

Country roads ply through the less populated landscapes, facilitating those who have chosen to reside at a distance from cities and towns. Their blending with the countryside inspires poets and painters, and attracts the slower travelers.

Two to start the thread, both from Piemonte, Italy :

This is the 'Golden' Road which runs down the east coast of Harris. It's name is supposed to have come from the amount of money it cost to build. Crofters had been cleared from their land on the more fertile west coast and had to ech out a living on the bare rocky landscape of the east coast.

You can still find the remains of tracks leading to now deserted settlements.

Thanks so much Joe for posting the Photo Themes while I was away. I just caught up seeing all the awesome photos over the past month from everyone.

While driving along a country road on the Isle of Sky in Scotland, I just had to pull over on the side to snap a photo of this beautiful rainbow.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina