• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt No. 1 - Happy

Kathy (Trekcapri)

100+ Posts
Many thanks to Susan (Girasoli) and Amy for this week’s (Week of March 5, 2017) Photo Hunt theme of Happy. It’s a fun one. Happy Hunting.

Pauline created a Photo Hunt 2017 category on the Media Gallery in case you want to put your photos in the media gallery first and then insert from there using the camera icon above the text box, into your post.

I had a hard time picking my photo. Looking forward to seeing everyone’s photos.

Future Themes (In case you want to start hunting for your photos):
Photo Hunt No. 2 (Week March 12)– Dance/Dancing
Photo Hunt No. 3 (Week March 19) – Old
Photo Hunt No. 4 (Week March 24) – Window
Photo Hunt No. 5 (Week March 26) - Quiet

While walking the Camino de Santiago I was standing near this pasture of cows grazing when I heard this accordion music coming toward me. As I saw the ears of the cows move, I thought I'd wait to see what happens when the music got closer. Sure enough this happy accordion playing pilgrims made the cows stop grazing for awhile to look up and listen to the music. Traveling and seeing unexpected things like this makes me so happy! :D

Grandsons playing on the beach at Criccieth in North Wales.
Screen shot 2017-03-05 at 14.52.41.png

A happy day in Paris with my 2nd granddarling, at the Eiffel Tower...I'm lying on the dirty grass and sand around the base of the tower to capture this photo of the tower and her together! She framed it and gave it to her father...♥ We had the best day. She still talks about our trip, which was almost 10 years ago. So, definitely worth every second for the memories we made.
Eiffel Tower-Taryn for her father2.jpg

Last edited:
So many of the happiest photos involve children and families. This photo from the Cinque Terre marks one of our top happy travel moments. It was taken just a few days after our son and now-daughter-in-law got engaged. We were sharing a Slow Trav prize villa with them in 2006, and they totally surprised us by showing up the first night with a ring on Maureen's hand. It was all so romantic, since son Mike had popped the question two nights before in St. Mark's Square in Venice with the violins playing. We were so happy that he had chosen a time when they were traveling with us to take this momentous step. And their 10th wedding anniversary will be this fall.

IMG_0587.JPG

Roz, I remember you telling us about their fantastic engagement....10 years already! wow. Definitely a happy picture!

Mindy, did you also remember that son Mike fell into a canal in Venice with the ring in his pocket?? But fortunately it all had a happy ending.

SisterMicheleBidet.jpg
This photo of my travel friend "Sister Michele" (long story) always cracks me up and makes me happy. What else would a weary traveler use a bidet for other than to soak their tired feet? :pig::p I remember we showed this photo to a table of young boys in Bari and they laughed so hard; they couldn't believe their eyes. haha. Happy!!

While in Valencia last year, we fortuitously stumbled upon the city's procession in honor of its patron saint, San Vicente. Thousands of people dress in their beautifully elaborate traditional costumes and walk through streets of the city center. This pretty girl was waiting for the procession to start.

Happy Valencia.jpg

For many years when my kids were young we vacationed in Wellfleet on Cape Cod. A few years ago our college boys found the time to meet us there for a week, along with my sisters and parents. Here is my son Dan revisiting one of his very favorite spots from childhood, the 25 cent rocking horse at the mini golf.
Copy of Mon 038.jpg

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina