• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt No. 11 - Family

Kathy (Trekcapri)

100+ Posts
This week’s Photo Hunt No. 11 (Week of May 14) - Family

A Photo Hunt 2017 category is available on the Media Gallery.

The passeggiata (in both small and larger towns and cities) is a wonderful tradition to see and to experience while visiting Italy. I enjoyed everyone's photos.

Future Themes: If you have ideas for a future theme, feel free to share them HERE
Photo Hunt No. 12 (Week of May 21) – Color(s)
Photo Hunt No. 13 (Week of May 28) – Memorial
Photo Hunt No. 14 (Week of June 4) – Funny
Photo Hunt No. 15 (Week of June 11) – Chocolate
Photo Hunt No. 15 (Week of June 18) – Tradition
Photo Hunt No. 16 (Week of June 25) – Music/Musical

In 2010, I spent two weeks in Amsterdam. One day as I exited my apartment which was located off the Prinsengracht canal, I saw families making their way by boat to bring their children to see Sinterklaas. It was so cute.

Wishing everyone a very Happy Mother's Day!

Yesterday we walked by a field of sheep with lots of new lambs. A family of sorts - mother and her two lambs. Unfortunately they won't be together long because those cute babies end up on the dinner table.

full

I just posted these pictures of a family of geese in the Photo of the Day. I guess I should have posted them here, but I hadn't noticed the theme of the week. So here's a link:
https://www.sloweurope.com/community/threads/photo-of-the-day-may-2017.2209/#post-13723

I just got a new camera, and when I took the photos of the geese, it created a whole bunch of images with various effects. I have no idea how it did that, so I guess I have to go read the manual. Anyway, I thought just to have a picture to include here that isn't a duplicate, I'd post an example of one of those.

IMG_0111.JPG

Cool photo and effect, Roz. Once you figure it out from the manual, can you post the info here? Would love to see if my new camera would do something similar to this.

Susan, my camera is a Canon Elph 360. I discovered that there is a little switch next to the button you press to take a photo. If that switch is set to the middle position, it enters a mode where it takes six shots, five of them various special effects. I guess I had accidentally pushed that switch away from Auto, and that's why I got those extra photos. Here's a screenshot from the manual.

screenshot.jpg

Thanks, Roz!! I believe my new camera has this setting. I will have to try it out :).

A moose family! I came across the momma and her 2 babies (who have previously been to my house!) hanging out on the side of the road one late afternoon in February as I was driving home from work. If you have not heard, do not get close to a moose! I took these photos using my phone, out the passenger window, stopping my car not too far from them, ready to drive off immediately if the momma became agitated. I could not get all 3 in one photo. The first photo is of the momma on the left standing & the baby on the ground. The second picture is of the second baby moose.

IMG_7666.JPG
IMG_7665.JPG

Road Trip!
Our family's first car - 1911

Family Car 1.jpg

I should add the gentleman is my Great Grandfather, and I think the lady in the car is my Great Grandmother. The little girl in the front with the straw hat is my Grandmother and the rest are siblings or relatives. My grandmother lived until she was 101. Oh the stories she told of way back when...

Last edited:
Well, we've seen pics of human families and of animal families - so here's one that combines both.
Last September we stayed at an agriturismo that is also an active alpaca farm. The owner is a woman who is very passionate about her herd of alpacas, and her devotion to the work involved is phenomenal.
We were there at a time when the females were giving birth, and woke up one morning to see the owner caring for a new-born cria (alpaclette) in its first difficult minutes. This involved keeping it warm, and injecting sweet milk into its mouth, among other things.
Things were a bit tense, but the young male pulled through - probably owing his life to the woman's work.

30063856700_899ccc9803_o.jpg

30176227892_1032983818_z.jpg

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina