• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt No. 14 - Famous Places

Kathy (Trekcapri)

100+ Posts
This week’s Photo Hunt No. 14 (Week of April 8, 2018) – Famous Places

A Photo Hunt 2018 category is available on the Media Gallery.

Fountains are great to make a wish in, they are fun to play in and as demonstrated in one of Colo’s photos they can have a very relaxing and calming effect on us. I enjoyed seeing everyone’s beautiful fountains.

Upcoming Photo Hunt Themes:
Photo Hunt No. 15 (Week of April 15, 2018) – Beautiful Light
Photo Hunt No. 16 (Week of April 22, 2018) - On the Road
Photo Hunt No. 17 (Week of April 29, 2018) – Wine
Photo Hunt No. 18 (Week of May 6, 2018) – At Night
Photo Hunt No. 19 (Week of May 13, 2018) - Jewelry

Last year I went on Shannon’s GrapeHops Tour to Croatia and had an awesome time. Her itinerary took us to some very beautiful towns, a nature park and several very cool wineries. I loved it. We ended our tour in the beautiful town of Dubrovnik. The tour guide explained the interesting history of his town and of the people of Croatia. And while I have never watched an episode, I learned that Dubrovnik is also very famous for the show, Game of Thrones.

Brugge, Belgium

fullsizeoutput_61fb.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_61fd.jpeg

The view towards the old city of Jerusalem, taken from the Mormon campus on Mount Scopus (better to click on the image to see it enlarged) :

9274961756_98cd5eaa4f_o.jpg

About an hour and half west of the city of Alexandria, Egypt one finds the El Alamein War Cemetery. A famous place… maybe not, but a place that should never be forgotten. I post these pictures because it is a place that is extremely important to Europe and all civilized people.

EL Al 3.jpg

The location is the where 12,000 Soldiers and Airmen of the Commonwealth and the British Empire gave everything to turn to the tide of evil. They rest near the sea to the north and 100s of miles of desert to the south where the battle took place. There is very little shade to cool the sand that covers them.

El Al 4.jpg

There are tank crews who lived, fought, and died together and now spend eternity side by side.

El Al 1.jpg

Rows and rows of young men as far as you can see

El Al 5.jpg

And then there are those who are still unknown…

El Al 2.jpg

Thank you Colo. We hear so much about the war graves in Europe, it is easy to forget all the people who died in Africa.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina