• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt No. 5 - Quiet

Kathy (Trekcapri)

100+ Posts
This week’s Photo Hunt No. 5 Theme (Week of April 2) is: Quiet

A Photo Hunt 2017 category on the Media Gallery can be used if you want to put your photos in the media gallery first and then insert from there using the camera icon above the text box, into your post.

It’s wonderful how windows can frame our views, how they let shadows and light in through their stained glass, how they can provide reflections, how they are a part of historical sites and how they are great places for us to peer out into the world from.

Future Themes (If you have ideas for a future theme, feel free to share them HERE):
Photo Hunt No. 6 (Week of April 9) – Festival/Celebration
Photo Hunt No. 7 (Week of April 16) - Architecture
Photo Hunt No. 8 (Week of April 23) - Flower(s)
Photo Hunt No. 9 (Week of April 30) - Beach/Lake

While visiting Bruges, I was able to visit the Béguinage of Bruges, which is an architectural complex created to house beguines. Visitors to the complex are asked to respect the privacy and tranquility of their community and this cute little sign was their way of politely reminding us to be quiet.

A quiet afternoon in Switzerland.

Quiet Swiss piggy.jpg

While Snorkeling in the Virgin Islands, I rolled over and looking at the sky this leaf floated by. I guess I was 3 to 4 feet under water when I shot the photo and not a sound could be heard.
Floating by.jpg

Posted along the path on Capri, this is one of my favorite signs, especially for a place in need of more quiet. If my Italian is correct, it says more or less (although there probably is a more idiomatic translation), "Cleanliness and silence are marks of civilization. Let us respect them."

Capri012.JPG

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina