• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt No. 7 - Architecture

Kathy (Trekcapri)

100+ Posts
This week’s Photo Hunt No. 7 (Week of April 16): Architecture

There is a Photo Hunt 2017 category on the Media Gallery in case you want to put your photos in the media gallery first and then insert from there using the camera icon above the text box, into your post.

I really love seeing the colorful and fun photos from festivals and celebrations in Europe. The costumes are amazing, love the cool horses and cows (love those beautiful hats on those Swiss cows), there’s music and dancing, Christmas decorations and Santas traveling on Vespas and boats, fun interactive parades, rowers in Venice and a special procession giving thanks to a Patron Saint.

Future Themes (If you have ideas for a future theme, feel free to share them HERE):
Photo Hunt No. 8 (Week of April 23) - Flower(s)
Photo Hunt No. 9 (Week of April 30) - Beach/Lake

This was a difficult theme for me because there are so many amazing Architecture masterpieces in Europe. After reviewing my photo library, I finally decided on the Alhambra in Granada, Spain. I loved the use of water, fountains, archways, columns, gardens, and windows in the overall architecture. I took so many photos while visiting the Alhambra in 2008, but this is one of my favorites.

El Palau de les Arts Reina Sofía, part of the amazing City of Arts and Sciences, a cultural and architectural center in Valencia, Spain.

Architecture Valencia.jpg

Taken in Tel Aviv, about three years ago. The dome is of one of the city's first large synagogues, built in the 20's of the last century, reflected in the modern office tower adjacent to it.

14751063669_eb6aca6866_z.jpg

Last edited:
The Louis Vuitton museum by Frank Gehry in the Bois de Boulogne, Paris, is a spectacular piece of architecture. Here it is from the outside, the inside, and the top, with views across the city.

LVuitton.jpg

IMG_6063.JPG

IMG_6068.JPG

Augie, La Cité du Vin certainly looks to have a lot of Frank Gehry influence, but I looked it up, and it's not by him. Another amazing building though. I'd love to see it.

I am going old...

I took this picture in 1972 as a foreign exchange student in Spain. It is the Segovia Aqueduct in Spain, which was built around 100 AD by the Romans. It blew me away that it was still in use when I took this picture.

Yes, it is not great picture compared to today’s shots, but if you consider it was done with a Kodak box camera by a 15 year old and it is 45 years old in June hopefully you will cut me some slack. I thought it the best way to showcase this amazing work of architecture. I can still see it in my head, and it stands as a testament to man’s ability to design and build.

2017 - 100 = 1917 years old!

Segovia.JPG

Last edited:
Nice photo Susan, we were in the tower too - brings back nice memories of the morning we spent in the town. Isn't Saluzzo beautiful? There's a tower there with colorful tiles, I believe it's San Bernardo...
Another lovely place in Italy for an amble...

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina