• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo of the Day - July 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauline

Forums Admin
Everyone is invited to post photos on this thread. Post a photo that you took in the last few days.

We've had summer weather in May and June, but the last week was cold and wet. Summer returned today!

IMG_1577.JPG

Walking on the ridge above Bridport.​

Grandchildren home for the holiday...
Life on the farm is very good!

FarmLivin.jpg

I have to update... Grandson #1 wanted one more swim. He was lucky enough to watch a family of deer enjoy their dinner while I cooked our dinner on the grill.

farmdeer.jpg

Ok Cell Phones are handy.
Did I say that life on the farm is good. ;)

Last edited:
My new camera (Canon Elph 360) has a setting for fireworks, so I tried it out for the first time last night. The results were very interesting -- I thought they were pretty cool. It sort of took a time-lapse photo each time I snapped the shutter. The camera was handheld, and I didn't alter the photos at all, except to crop them closer.

IMG_0300.JPG
IMG_0307.JPG
IMG_0312.JPG

Interesting photos of the fireworks!

We are having another mini heatwave. 72F today, 77F tomorrow. 86F tomorrow in London. We went swimming in the sea today after a nice walk.

IMG_3663.JPG

Our swimming spot is in West Bay, on the other side of the pier you can see in the photo. Interesting patterns in the water.

Just out of curiosity... what is the water temperature in West Bay?

OH MY!!!!!
No way - that is freezing! Do you use a wet suit?
Water Temperature today in the Virgin Islands 28C/82F!
I do not think I would even put my feet in 59F water. You are a hardy soul Pauline!

SwimAX.jpg

I agree! Brrrrrr!!!!! Of course the water here in the river and lakes is probably just as cold!

Here are some pretty night sky photos, with aspens in the 2nd photo and two deer visiting in the last photo. The first photo was not edited at all except for covering up two annoying lights down at the rodeo grounds. The other two were lightened a little. All 3 photos were taken last night at a friends house with my iPhone. I should have brought my good camera with a better lens to capture the deer. They hung for a while in the yard. Was happy I had my phone though!
IMG_0055.jpg
IMG_0057.jpg
IMG_0066.jpg

We walked from home to Hive Beach and back (7 miles) and on this was we passed 700 miles for the year (we are doing #walk1000miles)!!!

IMG_1614.JPG

Looking towards Burton Bradstock and Hive Beach.​

This first photo was taken yesterday ~ a hot air balloon landing in a parking lot about a mile from my house...
IMG_1887.JPG

The next photo was taken this morning ~ a hot air balloon landing in not the best of spots about a 2 minute walk from my house...
IMG_1938.JPG

and here is a peek inside the balloon...
IMG_1958.JPG

Last edited:
I realized that you cannot change a photo (or at least I can't figure out how) once you post reply so I deleted it.

Here is the balloon landing this morning...
IMG_1921E.JPG

I realized that you cannot change a photo (or at least I can't figure out how) once you post reply so I deleted it.

When you edit your post, click the More Options button, then you see the list of photos you uploaded. You can delete one and upload another into the post.

Aliens landed in Bridport? No, a very old fashioned hair salon full of dryers for the generation who gets a wash and set every week.

IMG_1627.JPG

To prove that Bridport is a bit modern, we have a new tea room!

IMG_1626.JPG

When you edit your post, click the More Options button, then you see the list of photos you uploaded. You can delete one and upload another into the post.

I tried that yesterday, was able to delete one photo but not able to insert another. Kept getting an error message. I just tried it again and I can add a photo but don't know how to insert it in between 2 other photos. How do you order them? Thanks!!

I tried that yesterday, was able to delete one photo but not able to insert another. Kept getting an error message. I just tried it again and I can add a photo but don't know how to insert it in between 2 other photos. How do you order them? Thanks!!

Place the cursor where you want the photo then click that insert full image button. Sometimes the editor shows the image code instead of the photo. You can still put the cursor between the codes to insert the image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina