• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo of the Day - March 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pubs in the UK having been closing for years. Our small village (part of a market town with population 12,000) used to have two pubs on the Main Street. Now there are none. This photo from today's walk shows the old pub. Notice the big street lights. It is now a house.

IMG_2254.JPG

The street lights are huge! I wonder why the homeowners would keep them, especially if they are as bright as they are big!

The street lights are huge! I wonder why the homeowners would keep them, especially if they are as bright as they are big!

I think they are required to keep them. Most of this village is a conservation area (but not my house because it is newer).

It was a beautiful day in the Luberon yesterday! I went on a long, somewhat strenuous hike in the Aiguebrun Valley with three friends. (We are two Australians, one Brit, and one American.) Near the end we discovered this beautiful and very unique borie. It was next to some old animal pens and quite large inside... so perhaps the shepherd once stayed there or it was used to store tools. Sometimes also they were used to protect the very young lambs or goats.
P1220694.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina